East Bay EDA’s monthly Manufacturing Newsletter provides news and information for manufacturers in our region. We encourage you to submit events, industry innovations, legislative and policy activities, and other information that may be useful to you and your peers! Submit your items directly to email@example.com.
Attend East Bay EDA’s Upcoming Events
East Bay EDA manufacturing newsletter recipients are invited to join us at the following events:
- Meet the Innovators – Thursday, August 17 from 5-7 PM @ Bonneville Labs in Hayward. This event will feature senior leaders from East Bay biomedical and life sciences companies. Register.
- East Bay NOW – Thursday, September 14 from 5:00 – 8:30 PM @ Uptown Station, Oakland. Join East Bay EDA as we feature live entertainment and local exhibitors and small businesses from across the East Bay. Tickets are $25 for members, $50 for non-members and are available here.
CMTC August 2023 Webinars
- Thursday, August 10 @ 1:30 PM – Exploring Energy & Productivity Savings: A Closer Look at Industrial Assessment Centers and the Implementation Grant Program. Register here.
- Wednesday, August 16 @ 11:00 AM – Transition Planning for Your Business: What to Consider Before, During, & After. Register here.
- Tuesday, August 29 @ 11:00 AM – Mid-Year Employment Law Updates: New Compliance Obligations for California Employers. Register here.
Get Involved! 2023 Manufacturing Day is Almost Here!
Celebrated nationally on the first Friday in October (October 6, 2023), the manufacturing sector in California is so sprawling and diverse that many regions – including the Bay Area – devote an entire month to showcase the opportunities and potential of modern manufacturing and generate interest in manufacturing careers.
To this end, East Bay EDA partner Earn & Learn is looking for local manufacturers to open their doors for the Contra Costa County Manufacturing Day event happening on October 24th! They anticipate 700+ student attendees will attend this event, which is designed to empower, educate, and inspire the future workforce of manufacturing.
The day will begin with site tours of strategically placed classes of students who are interested in specific industry areas, followed by lunch and programming at local community colleges that will highlight programs and educational pathways directly related to industry and a future in manufacturing. More details are on the Earn & Learn website.
Humanmade Next Generation Manufacturing Training
Beginning September 5, SF-based Humanmade will be offering two Additive Manufacturing programs in 3D Printing. These no-cost classes will take place Monday-Friday at either 11 AM-3:30 PM or 5 PM-9:30 PM and run for 12 weeks. Students will gain hands-on machining experience with 3D printers, laser cutters, soldering, and more, while also learning Fusion 360 CAD software and having a chance to participate in essential skill development activities to prepare them for work.
Graduates are positioned to pursue exciting entry-level positions in industries such as robotics, climate research, automation, artistry, and more. We further support graduates pursuing entrepreneurship in their product and business development. For more information about this program, visit the Humanmade website.
LEARN MORE. link button to: https://www.humanmade.org/workforce-development
Manex Offers Funding for Training and More
Manex, the NIST MEP Manufacturing Center for the Bay Area and Sacramento regions, offers a number of services to Northern California manufacturers, including a multi-employer Employment Training Panel (ETP) contract that funds training for incumbent workers and workers seeking to reenter the workforce. Manex also trains in quality, lean, leadership, food safety, sales, marketing, and more – consider joining them for one of their weekly “Get to Know Manex” webinars to learn more – details on their events page.
VISIT MANEX LINK button to: https://manexconsulting.com/
Do you have a resource or tip to share with other East Bay manufacturers? Contact us today!